Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Thanksgiving in Canada





I assume that when I go out side and its -3 and I don't feel cold,
that means I'm getting used to it. I am saving most of my heavy gear
for later when it gets really cold. It have been relatively warm in
the days but nights are always cold.
In Canada they celebrate thanksgiving in October, as by November they
wouldn't have much to be thankful for. But we wanted to have an
American thanksgiving, so we bought a 20 lb turkey, others bought
potatoes, rolls, stuffing, cranberry sauce, drinks, etc. We had our
district meeting on Thursday and most the missionaries were there. We
should up at 7 to cook it. A sister who is also the housing director
from the mission lent us the pan and told us how to cook it. It turned
out awesome, and we gave them some of the leftovers. It was a great
experience, and a lot of fun!
  We've had a slow week, but we did find some people.we went on splits
with the zone leaders and found an awesome Spanish guy. It was funny
because I ended up with 3 dinners that night. Some members wanted us
to come at 3, and they fed us molé and it was awesome, then I had
dinner with some members from the other elder's ward. Then later we
contacted a former, and I asked if there were any Spanish people in
the neighbourhood. He said right across the street, so we knocked.
They let us right in and gave us authentic tacos and horchata. It was
really good. It turned out the dad was a super inactive member, and
the wife's family were jehovah's witnesses. We came back on Sunday and
taught the father. Sadly no horchata that time. It was a direct answer
to a prayer, as I had prayed to find a Spanish person.
I've been well. I love you all.

Élder Grimmer

No comments:

Post a Comment